Understanding the Types and Advantages of Hex Socket Cap Machine Screws
Hex socket cap machine screws are precision fasteners that are known for their quality and durability. They are designed to meet challenging fastening applications in a variety of industries such as construction, automotive, and product manufacturing. They are also known for their efficient application performance and endurance. These screws are generally manufactured with high grade carbon and stainless steel. However, they can also be manufactured with high grade plastic materials.Design and Features of Socket Cap Machine Screws
The design of the screw is unique due to the design of the hex head. The head is constructed with six sided hexagon recesses. Depending on the design, the screw can consist of either an unthreaded shoulder with a threaded body, or it can have an entirely threaded body. Hex socket cap machine screws can be used with a nut, and can be installed in tapped holes. An Allen wrench is used to tighten and loosen these screws in an application.Some of its beneficial attributes are:
- Robust fabrication
- Dimensional accuracy
- Corrosion resistance
- Excellent finishing
Generally, you will find six different types of hex socket cap machine screws. These screws are nearly the same, but there are few minute differences that set them apart from each other.
- Slotted Hex Cap Screws: These screws consist of a hexagonal head shape with a circular interior and a slot in the middle. They also have a small unthreaded shoulder followed by a threaded body. This screw can only be installed using an Allen wrench with a hexagonal shaft.
- Slotted Hex Machine Screws: This screw type is nearly the same as the slotted hex cap screws. The major difference is that the machine screw consists of a completely threaded body. They are generally manufactured using stainless steel, and are corrosion resistant.
- Metric Slotted Hex Machine Screws: As the name suggests, this screw is measured in millimeters rather than inches. These screws are known for their fine finishes, dimensional accuracy, corrosion resistance capabilities, light weight, and durability.
- Metric Hex Socket Cap Screws: This screw is identified by its large head. The six sided hexagon recess is located within the head. An internal hex drive is utilized to manufacture this product.
- Metric Hex Machine Screws: This screw is identified by its long threaded body, flat bearing surface, and six flat sides. It is well-known for its use in electrical and heavy machine applications.
- Hex Head Machine Screws: Hex head machine screws feature a thick hexagonal head with a washer face under the head. The sharp hex head is designed to prevent the wrench from slipping during installation and removal. It is known for features such as corrosion resistance, feather free threading, and application durability.
Looking at the advantageous features and benefits, it is no wonder why these screws are well-known for their use in various industrial applications.